After viewing an event, click here to return to the full list.
Trolleyday Plus - Blues & Twos Weekend
Saturday, August 19 11:00AM
Open on Saturday and Sunday from 11.00am to 5.00pm each day (last admission 4.00pm)
What’s happening today:
This weekend is our ever popular Blues and Twos Weekend when we welcome a number of retired emergency vehicles, crewed by enthusiasts and professionals who vividly demonstrate a series of emergency situations with a commentary on how they are dealt with. A fascinating and entertaining time for visitors of all ages. In between the demonstrations, our usual activities are happening and visitors can ride on a selection of trolleybuses and take a motorbus tour of the local arfea.
Special features for the weekend
- A range of retired fire appliances, police vehicles and ambulances will be on display: they are owned and crewed by enthusiasts, many of whom are active emergency services personnel. Visitors can chat to the crews and, if the attendants agree, children may be able to sit in some of these vehicles and ask questions!
- On both Saturday and Sunday there will a programme of emergency situation demonstrations, vividly presented, with a commentary.
Visit our Facebook page for the latest information about this weekend
Our normal attractions include:
- Selection of trolleybuses in operation to ride on
- In-house 5-rated cafe serving made-to-order meals, delicious home-made cakes and hot and cold drinks
- Vintage motorbus guided tour of surrounding local area (the Isle of Axholme) **
- “The Trolleybus During the First Wold War” exhibition
- Trolleybus displays
- 1950s/ 60s shop window displays
- The period Sunbeam cycle shop exhibition
- 1950s Prefab “home” display
- Audio-visual presentations in the “Regal” lecture theatre
- Children's full-sized trolleybus "Have a Go at Driving” simulator (located in the café)
- Guided tours of vehicles in the main depot building
- Souvenir shop
- Gardens & nature trail
** These motor bus tours operated by the Trolleybus Museum at Sandtoft are provided free of charge and admission to the Trolleybus Museum is neither required nor granted by the use of these tours or any other free bus service provided by the Trolleybus Museum and payment for admission to the Trolleybus Museum is not a condition of carriage.
Ample FREE parking (including for coaches)
Admission prices this weekend:
Note: Our admission prices include a 10% (rounded up) gift aid donation
Adult: £8.00 - "Adult" is defined as a person aged 17 to 60 inclusive and who is not eligible to be classified as a "Concession" (see below).
Senior £7.00 - "Senior is defined as a person aged 61 or over and who is not eligible to be classified as a "Concession" (see below)
Concession £6.00 - “Concession” is defined as the following:
- a child aged 5 to 16 inclusive
- a person who is registered as disabled
- a person acting as a carer for a (or a group o) disabled person(s) also visiting the Museum
- a university student (student union ID must be produced)
Family £25.50 - “Family” is defined as a party of 2 adults (they may be either “Adults” or “Seniors”) accompanied by up to 4 “Concessions”
THERE ARE NO ADDITIONAL CHARGES! Our admission prices are all-inclusive, so it include ALL trolleybus and motorbus rides, and will admit visitors to ALL available exhibitions and attractions.
Dogs are welcome but must be kept under control and on a lead. Please note that (apart from guide and other assistance dogs) they are not permitted in certain buildings, including the café and the souvenir shop. For the security and comfort of passengers, it will be at the discretion of the conductor whether a dog may be allowed on a trolleybus or motorbus. We endeavour to provide bowls of water for dogs – please ask a Museum official if these are empty or not obviously available!.
Public transport links:
On each Saturday Trolleyday, the Trolleybus Museum operates a free bus link between Epworth and the Trolleybus Museum to link with a scheduled bus service from/ to Doncaster operated by Isle Coaches. The timings of this operation is as follows:
Isle Coaches Service 291 (to Owston Ferry) Trolleybus Museum Free Bus
Doncaster Interchange (Bay C5) depart 11.00am
Epworth Rectory arrive 11.43am depart 11.45am
Trolleybus Museum arrive 12.00 noon
Trolleybus Museum Free Bus Isle Coaches Service 399 (to Doncaster)
Trolleybus Museum depart 4.10pm
Epworth Rectory arrive 4.25pm depart 4.35pm
Doncaster Interchange arrive 5.35pm
Please remember that fares are charged on the scheduled Isle Coaches services
On Sunday, 20 August, a FREE bus service operates from Doncaster Interchange direct to the Trolleybus Museum and back.
Advertised free bus services are operated by Sandtoft Transport Centre Limited. Payment for admission to the Trolleybus Museum at Sandtoft is not a condition of carriage.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Trolleybus Museum at Sandtoft this weekend!Location: The Trolleybus Museum at Sandtoft