After viewing an event, click here to return to the full list.
Easter Weekend Trolleyday
Sunday, April 1 10:30AM
What’s happening this weekend:
As well as our normal attractions and exhibitions, there will be a selection of trolleybuses available to ride on each day.
Please be aware that circumstances beyond our control may necessitate the cancellation or closure of any activity, facility or attraction.
Visit our Facebook page for the latest information about this weekend
Our normal attractions include:
- Selection of trolleybuses in operation to ride on
- In-house 5-rated cafe serving made-to-order meals, delicious home-made cakes and hot and cold drinks
- Vintage motorbus guided tour of surrounding local area (the Isle of Axholme)
- “The Trolleybus During the First Wold War” exhibition
- Trolleybus displays
- 1950s/ 60s shop window displays
- The period Sunbeam cycle shop exhibition
- 1950s Prefab “home” display
- Audio-visual presentations in the “Regal” lecture theatre
- Children's full-sized trolleybus "Have a Go at Driving” simulator (located in the café)
- Guided tours of vehicles in the main depot building
- Souvenir shop
- Gardens & nature trail
Ample FREE parking (including for coaches)
Admission prices this weekend
Note: Our admission prices include a 10% (rounded up) gift aid donation
Adult: £8.00 - "Adult" is defined as a person aged 17 to 60 inclusive and who is not eligible to be classified as a "Concession" (see below).
Senior: £7.00 - "Senior is defined as a person aged 61 or over and who is not eligible to be classified as a "Concession" (see below)
Concession: £6.00 - “Concession” is defined as the following:
- a child aged 5 to 16 inclusive
- a person who is registered as disabled
- a person acting as a carer for a (or a group o) disabled person(s) also visiting the Museum
- a university student (student union ID must be produced)
Family: £25.50 - “Family” is defined as a party of 2 adults (they may be either “Adults” or “Seniors”) accompanied by up to 4 “Concessions”
THERE ARE NO ADDITIONAL CHARGES! Our admission prices are all-inclusive, so it include ALL trolleybus and motorbus rides, and will admit visitors to ALL available exhibitions and attractions.
Dogs are welcome but must be kept under control and on a lead. Please note that (apart from guide and other assistance dogs) they are not permitted in certain buildings, including the café and the souvenir shop. At the discretion of the conductor (for the comfort of passengers), dogs may be allowed on trolleybuses and motorbuses.
Public transport links today (Sunday)
We regret tha there is no public transport link to the Trolleybus Museum today (1 April).
Note: On SATURDAY (31 March) there is a FREE return link at Epworth with scheduled Doncaster - Owston Ferry bus services.
On Bank Holiday MONDAY (2 April) a FREE bus service from Doncaster Interchange direct to the Trolleybus Museum operates .
Advertised free bus services are operated by Sandtoft Transport Centre Limited. Payment for admission to the Trolleybus Museum at Sandtoft is not a condition of carriage.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Trolleybus Museum at Sandtoft today and/ or over this weekend!Location: The Trolleybus Museum at Sandtoft