After viewing an event, click here to return to the full list.
Sandtoft Gathering 2019
Sunday, July 28 10:00AM
Open 10.00am until 6.00pm (last admission at 4.00pm) Click here for public transport links today
What’s happening today:
This is our biggest open day of the year when we have seven or eight trolleybuses in use over the course of the day for visitors to ride on and many more on display. There is also a massive gathering of interesting visiting historic vehicles on display (we had over 80 booked last year), a transport-based flea market, live music, our normal attractions and lots more for all the family to see and do.
We are operating a FREE bus service every 30 minutes between Doncaster Interchange (adjacent to Doncaster Railway Station) and the Trolleybus Museum at Sandtoft - see below for details of times.
Special features for Sunday, 28 July ONLY:
- A selection of seven or eight trolleybuses in use over the course of the day for visitors to ride on
- Around 80 visiting historic vehicles of all sorts on display
- Transport-based flea market
- Live music
- Real ale beer tent
- FREE bus service from Doncaster Interchange to the Trolleybus Museum (and back) at 30-minute intervals
Please be aware that circumstances beyond our control may necessitate the cancellation or closure of any activity, facility or attraction.
Visit our Facebook page for the latest information about today and this weekend
You are invited to take part in Sandtoft Gathering 2019 either by bringing a historic vehicle (or even more than one!) for display, or a sales stand. Booking arrangements will be announced in late March when you will be able to:
- Download a vehicle entry form (this will need to be printed, completed and posted back to us) and/ or
- Book a sales stand pitch online
Our normal attractions include:
- Selection of trolleybuses in operation to ride on
- In-house 5-rated café serving made-to-order meals, delicious home-made cakes and hot and cold drinks
- Vintage motorbus guided tour of surrounding local area (the Isle of Axholme) **
- TOY museum
- Trolleybus displays
- 1950s/ 60s shop window displays
- The period Sunbeam cycle shop exhibition
- 1950s Prefab “home” display
- Audio-visual presentations in the “Regal” lecture theatre
- Children's full-sized trolleybus "Have a Go at Driving” simulator (located in the café)
- Guided tours of vehicles in the main depot building
- Souvenir shop
- Gardens & nature trail
** These motor bus tours operated by the Trolleybus Museum at Sandtoft are provided free of charge and admission to the Trolleybus Museum is neither required nor granted by the use of these tours or any other free bus service provided by the Trolleybus Museum and payment for admission to the Trolleybus Museum is not a condition of carriage.
Ample FREE parking (including for coaches)
Admission prices today:
1. Our admission prices include a 10% (rounded up) gift aid donation
2. For visitors planning to attend on both days of the Sandtoft Gathering Weekend, there are special weekend tickets available
Sunday, 28 July:
Adult: £10.00 - "Adult" is defined as a person aged 17 to 60 inclusive and who is not eligible to be classified as a "Concession" (see below).
Senior £8.50 - "Senior is defined as a person aged 61 or over and who is not eligible to be classified as a "Concession" (see below
Concession £6.50 - “Concession” is defined as the following:
- a child aged 5 to 16 inclusive
- a person who is registered as disabled
- a person acting as a carer for a (or a group o) disabled person(s) also visiting the Museum
- a university student (student union ID must be produced)
Family £29.50 - “Family” is defined as a party of 2 adults (they may be either “Adults” or “Seniors”) accompanied by up to 4 “Concessions”
Family Not available
THERE ARE NO ADDITIONAL CHARGES! Our admission prices are all-inclusive, so it include ALL trolleybus and motorbus rides, and will admit visitors to ALL available exhibitions and attractions.
Dogs are welcome but must be kept under control and on a lead. Please note that (apart from guide and other assistance dogs) they are not permitted in certain buildings, including the café and the souvenir shop. At the discretion of the conductor (for the comfort of passengers), dogs may be allowed on trolleybuses and motorbuses.
Public Transport Links Today:
FREE Bus Service from Doncaster Interchange Bay C6 (the Interchange is adjacent to Doncaster Railway Station) direct to the Trolleybus Museum at the following times:
Doncaster Interchange Bay C6 Trolleybus Museum
depart 10.00am arrive 10.45am
then every 30 minutes until
Free Bus Service - Return trip from the Trolleybus Museum:
Trolleybus Museum Doncaster Interchange
depart 11.15am arrive 12.00noon
then every 30 minutes until
Note: On Saturday (27 July) there is a FREE return link at Epworth with a scheduled Doncaster - Owston Ferry bus service.
Advertised free bus services are operated by Sandtoft Transport Centre Limited. Payment for admission to the Trolleybus Museum at Sandtoft is not a condition of carriage.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Trolleybus Museum at Sandtoft today and/ or over this weekend!
Click here to return to the full list of TrolleydaysLocation: The Trolleybus Museum at Sandtoft