After viewing an event, click here to return to the full list.
Yorkshire Weekend Trolleyday Plus
Sunday, April 30 11:00AM
Open May Day Bank Holiday weekend on Saturday, Sunday and Monday from 11.00am to 5.00pm each day (last admission 4.00pm)
What’s happening this weekend:
We are featuring trolleybuses and diesel buses from Yorkshire this weekend - with a selection of trolleybuses from Bradford and Huddersfield available to ride on and examples from Doncaster and Rotherham on display. Diesel buses from Sheffield, Doncaster and around Yorkshire will be on display with some giving free rides.
Special feature on Sunday, 30 April ONLY
On Sunday (only) there will be live music from the Room 21 Big Band who will be playing 1940s and 1950s era swing and big band music for your entertainment. There will be two sets of approximately 45 minutes each, one commencing at 12.30pm and one at 2.30pm.
Visit our Facebook page for the latest information about this weekend
Our normal attractions include:
- Selection of trolleybuses in operation to ride on
- In-house 5-rated cafe serving made-to-order meals, delicious home-made cakes and hot and cold drinks
- Vintage motorbus guided tour of surrounding local area (the Isle of Axholme)
- “The Trolleybus During the First Wold War” exhibition
- Trolleybus displays
- 1950s/ 60s shop window displays
- The period Sunbeam cycle shop exhibition
- 1950s Prefab “home” display
- Audio-visual presentations in the “Regal” lecture theatre
- Children's full-sized trolleybus "Have a Go at Driving” simulator (located in the café)
- Guided tours of vehicles in the main depot building
- Souvenir shop
- Gardens & nature trail
Ample FREE parking (including for coaches)
Admission prices this weekend:
Note: Our admission prices include a 10% (rounded up) gift aid donation
Adult: £8.00 - "Adult" is defined as a person aged 17 to 60 inclusive and who is not eligible to be classified as a "Concession" (see below).
Senior £7.00 - "Senior is defined as a person aged 61 or over and who is not eligible to be classified as a "Concession" (see below)
Concession £6.00 - “Concession” is defined as the following:
- a child aged 5 to 16 inclusive
- a person who is registered as disabled
- a person acting as a carer for a (or a group o) disabled person(s) also visiting the Museum
- a university student (student union ID must be produced)
Family £25.50 - “Family” is defined as a party of 2 adults (they may be either “Adults” or “Seniors”) accompanied by up to 4 “Concessions”
THERE ARE NO ADDITIONAL CHARGES! Our admission prices are all-inclusive, so it include ALL trolleybus and motorbus rides, and will admit visitors to ALL available exhibitions and attractions.
Dogs are welcome but must be kept under control and on a lead. Please note that (apart from guide and other assistance dogs) they are not permitted in certain buildings, including the café and the souvenir shop. For the security and comfort of passengers, it will be at the discretion of the conductor whether a dog may be allowed on a trolleybus or motorbus. We endeavour to provide bowls of water for dogs – please ask a Museum official if these are empty or not obviously available!.
Public transport links
We regret that there are NO public transport links to the Trolleybus Museum at Sandtoft today.
Note: There is a FREE link to a scheduled bus service at Epworth on Saturday and a FREE bus service from Doncaster Interchange direct to the Trolleybus Museum on Monday .
We look forward to welcoming you to the Trolleybus Museum at Sandtoft this weekend!Location: The Trolleybus Museum at Sandtoft